What is a balance bike?
Balance bikes are a very simple bicycles designed to teach young children how to steer and balance on two wheels. Designed with only foot propulsion, balance bikes enable kids to quickly master to teach the fundamentals of balancing and steering, leading to a faster and smoother riding. When the fundamentals of balance and steering are mastered, transitioning to a bicycle with pedals or motorcyclepedal bike. is easy.
Why a balance bike?
When learning to ride, a child/kids needs to experience the feel of how leaning feels like, and how steering affects the balance of the bike. Without leaning, such as on a tricycle or bike with training wheels, they aren't really learning to ride at all! By starting out on a balance bike, your child will develop balance, coordination, and confidence!
About STRIDER® No-Pedal Balance Bikes
If your toddler can walk, your toddler can ride a STRIDER™. STRIDER™ No-Pedal Balance Bikes were developed specifically to help toddlers and young children learn balance and coordination BEFORE pedaling. The simple, no-pedal design allows even the youngest children to learn to ride on two wheels, avoiding tricycle tip-overs and training wheel wobbles, and instilling considerable confidence and stellar bike handling skills sure to last a lifetime. STRIDER™ No-Pedal Balance Bikes encourage the development of spatial awareness, balance and basic motor skills so that all children can reach their maximum riding potential faster, better and safer. STRIDER™ Bikes are available at a variety of bike, motorcycle and toy retailers nationwide, and online at here.
Tailor-made Design for Kids
- Ultra-lightweight (6.9 pounds) making it and very easy for kids to control
- Adjustable seat and handlebars suitable for kids between fits 1 ½ to 5 years old
- Patented footrests for your children’s feet while they zoom, stride and glide on their very own STRIDER® balance bikes
- Unique no-tool design enables you to assemble your child’s STRIDER® balance bike in less than 5 minutes
Safe for Kids
- Simple pedal-less design that enables young children to focus solely on learning how to balance which is the most important step in riding
- Free of cables, chains, sprockets, pedals or protrusions that can may cause pain or injury to your child
- Enables an efficient, smooth and natural transition to a pedal bike
- Supported by puncture-proof EVA polymer tires that are maintenance-free and lightweight
- Durable, steel frame and fork for years of service